- Tough P. How Children Succeed, Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character. Mariner Books; 2013.
- Good book with supporting evidence for putting as much emphasis on building character as inculcating academics in secondary education. Last chapters feel like filler. Worth reading.
- Berger R. An Ethic of Excellence, Building a Culture of Craftsmanship with Students. Heinemann Educational Books; 2003.
- Good book that articulates how a child needs to see and reach for excellence and from that milesone build a successful school life. Worth reading.
- Christensen C. Is K–12 blended learning disruptive? An introduction to the theory of hybrids; 2013
- A white paper that brings Christensen's Innovator's Dilemma to education. Unsettling vocabulary of business in the context of students & teachers. I have much to disagree with here. Overall, there is no evidence given of how hybrid (or fully disruptive) learning models are successful (vis a vis educating the student and strengthening the teacher) nor how they are cost effective. Much hand waving. Worth reading, if only for ammunition.
- Laptop multitasking hinders classroom learning for both users and nearby peers
- Useful data point that learning is hindered more for the observer of than for the user of the laptop. 17% more.
Developing post of my education about schools
This a developing post of my education about schools in the USA. It will be idiosyncratic. I tend to pick up anything and read it. In time it will become an annotated bibliography to a thesis that will not be needed.